Algorithms and Advanced Data Structures
Course Number: 02-613
This course is for students not in the computer science major or minor who are interested in advanced data structures.
- Run time analysis
- Divide-and-conquer algorithms
- Dynamic programming algorithms
- Network flow algorithms
- Linear and integer programming
- Large-scale search algorithms and heuristics
- Efficient data storage and query
Semester(s): Fall, Spring
Prerequisite(s): 15-122 or 15-121
Learning ObjectivesAbility to design, analyze complexity of, and prove the correctness of algorithms used with data structures.
Cross-Listed: 15-351, 15-650
Note: 02-613 is for students in the MSCB program, 15-650 is for other graduate students, and 15-351 is for undergraduates.
Substitutes: 15-112 for 15-121, 15-123 for 15-122
- Standard grading: 20% for homeworks, 25% for each of the midterms, and 30% for the final.
- Alternative minimum grade: 20% for homeworks, 15% for the lower midterm, 25% for the higher midterm, 40% for the final. Must complete at least 90% of homeworks to qualify for alternative minimum grading scheme.